The Supervisory Leadership Skills Workshop is a six day program that is designed specifically for managers in social justice and social change organizations that are responsible for developing and supervising their field staff. This course is also relevant for managers who supervise administrative and other support staff in these organizations.
The overall goal of this program is to discuss, learn and practice some of the various skills which leaders in social change organizations need to manage staff and build for power in the their campaigns.
This workshop will address many critical developmental needs of managers and supervisors, including increasing our abilities to:
- Create and implement impactful staff development plans,
- Build stronger teams,
- Develop staff in the context of running program and campaigns,
- Delegate work and responsibility to staff,
- Build ownership of the work with staff,
- Assess and resolve problematic situations,
- Debrief work and assignments with employees,
- Run more effective and creative staff meetings,
- Organize and build power on a larger scale,
- Organize and mobilize constituents of diverse backgrounds,
- Develop staff members of diverse backgrounds and ensure opportunities for advancement are equitable.